Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spent the afternoon with the Dish and friend Laura at the One of a Kind show. I got some great stuff but Laura took honours for the most extravagant purchase - a fantastic, large-format painting for her living room by artist Danielle O'Connor Akiyama. I stuck to earrings and a great wool jacket. Anyway, the Dish told me that there's a photo of the Beav and me on the Underground Garage's homepage. I checked it out when I got home and yep, there's the two of us with Trailer Park Boy Julian. It's from my birthday which just happened to coincide with a Puma launch party. God, my arms are huge! But then I looked at the Beav's and, same. Digital cameras...they're like bikini store mirrors - all bendy and distorting - rarely flattering. Ugh, where did I get that horrible shirt? Anyway, here's the one of the Beav and Julian but I'm also providing the link to their site because it's a great bar to check out if you're ever in Toronto... http://www.undergroundgarage.ca/
What else? Paddled a couple more times - the water is already 11 degrees. It was stupid windy yesterday though. One of those swirly, change direction ones that can be so frustrating. We also found out yesterday that the Ontario team trailer rolled on it's way home from training camp. No one was hurt and no word yet on how many boats were damaged but so awful for Connie-Lee and Adam O. who were driving it home to be here for Bert's funeral.
Weird, this post started out about my weekend but seems to be mostly about trailers.

Friends of Lou: Please scroll down to March 24th post for info about arrangements.

No comments: