Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 4 - 500m
I didn't sleep much last night, woke up at 2:39 the same as every other night since we got here. Bah. This was the first morning that I was feeling a little anxious. We had a team dinner at Gavin, Karen & Kev's apartment at the Quest last night. Gavin cooked spaghetti for everyone. It was really nice to have home-cooked food for a change.
This morning, everyone was a little subdued so Clem played Bob Marley, Jack Johnson & other low-key music on the way to the course. As we approached the course she completed the set with Journey's "Don't Stop Belieiving" and everyone sang along at full volume. Thank god for Clem. She knows exactly how to set us up to approach the day with the best possible attitude.
Our heat was at 11:10 or thereabouts (I really should check the website for these deets!). We won it but, as it has been every day, it was close. Because of the 200m the day before, we decided that we had to show why we were the top crew in the world. I'm running out of time so I'll just say we went up to the line and executed our race plan perfectly. 1:58:57. Apparently the video is up on youtube but I don't have the link at hand. I'll post it later.

No comments: