Thursday, September 06, 2007

ugh. You can tell how busy I am by how rarely I post to my blog. I've had lots going on this month but you'd never know it.
I'm trying desperately to get together with my son before I leave for Australia. We were able to have dinner last week but we've really wanted to go see Superbad, Knocked Up and Transformers together. Oh yeah and the Simpson's Movie. Anyway, no luck as we live so far apart and have crazy work hours. I definitely would have taken him to more movies when he was an infant if I'd only known how difficult it would get later on.
Also, I've realized that I may just possibly, maybe, don't bet on it yet but could happen, think about getting a puppy when I get home from Australia and Hawaii. Maybe I should qualify that - IF I come home... It would just be like my mid-life crisis (this is number two for those keeping track) to convince me that throwing away a government job and pension and selling my house is a GOOD idea.
Anyway, I've been sort of seeing someone but this is the worst possible time since I'm so busy and often don't answer the phone or return calls or emails because I'm too tired to talk. We've actually only gone out a couple of times and I've indicated that things will return to normal in about a month but I'd be surprised if we make it to that point. And FYI, it's not George S but I'm still waiting for THAT call....
For those paddlers who are far away, I'm going to get some photos of what's going on on the river. They started construction on the 3rd rail while we were away at CCA. It isn't wide enough under the bridge for two sculls to pass and the water flow between the dock and the trestle is bizarre. I'm not sure how much that is to do with how shallow the water is though. It's supposed to rain this weekend but I don't know if it'll be enough to make the river deeper.
My CCA pics are up on Facebook for those hold-outs (what is so objectionable about FB to some people?)I've attached another slideshow....

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It's not that its so objectionable but I think we are stubborn. I said no in the beginning because there are so many similar networks that I get invited to each day..who knew facebook would become so popular.

Thanks for posting the photos..its fun to see you ladies on the podium!