Sunday, December 28, 2008

I have been seriously lazy these past few days. Not by choice but that's how it works out sometimes. I woke up in a pretty hyper mood on boxing day morning. It was raining. I really wanted to go x-country skiing, snowshowing or anything outside but within a couple of hours I was back in bed with the flu. I guess it's a good thing I didn't just jump in the car to head up north. That would have been a pretty miserable couple of hours once the, uh, ailment kicked in. I slept for the entire day, woke up around 7 pm, watched a movie and then went back to bed for another solid 8 hours. I can't remember what the movie was, I was so out of it. Oh yeah, Run, Fat Boy, Run. Pretty funny.

Yesterday morning was warm and rainy, as promised. I was at the gym by 8 am and at Sherway gardens by 10 am.

I've been thinking about getting a Macbook so headed for the Apple Store. Of course, when I say "headed for", it's implied that it was via French Connection, Josef,
Lululemon, Tristan, Lacoste and Banana Republic. I was in a mood to shop. No purchases though. I'd like to say it's because I'm a smart shopper but reality is that I'm about 20 pounds overweight right now and, unfortunately, I don't carry it in a way that's going to get me my own reality show. I wasn't about to spend money on clothes because as anyone knows, the minute you buy the NEXT SIZE UP, you are admitting that is your actual size and it's game over.

Anyway, I finally got to my intended destination. I decided to think about the Macbook a little longer but ended up with a Bose sound dock for home, an iPhone/iPod radio adaptor for my car stereo and Nike sport headphones for the gym. The car adaptor doesn't work very well - imagine an am radio when you're going through a tunnel - so I'm returning it next week.

OHMYGOD! It's unbelievably windy right now. I checked the weathernetwork but didn't really need it to tell me we're experiencing gusts up to 76km/h. The top floor of the house is actually shaking with the bigger gusts. But I can see some blue sky out there and I am desperate to get out of this house. The lake must be CRAZY right now. I'm going down to take a look.

Later!

No comments: