Thursday, February 19, 2009

I had dinner with Johnny O last night. Ostensibly arranged as a client meeting, it was really more of a catch-up. We just went to the Pump but it was nice to sit and talk in our local (while someone else served our food and took away dirty plates). Btw, it's wing MONTH at the Pump if you're into wings.

Johnny's doing really well. We talked a little bit about all his trips in the past few months - Colorada, Vancouver, Kashagawigamog - but mostly we talked about how we miss our paddling friends and how close our relationships are with them.

Okay, I started writing this on my morning break at work and never got back to it. As an illustration of how true our conversation was, when I got home tonight and collected my mail (seriously thinking, "what bills will there be today") I was very suprised and intrigued to see this undersized envelope.


What a rush! This is the first card I've gotten as Grandma Lynne! It was from Andrea Paiement's daughter, McKenna. I think the poor thing is really confused about where I fit in the gene pool but we'll work that out later. She knows I bring her Easy Bake oven supplies and that seems to be enough. This photo with her soon-to-be little sister was taken just a couple of weeks ago



No comments: