Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It is POURING here! We've had temperatures upward of 10 degrees and it's been raining all day. All that snow laboriously shovelled onto my lawn by moi is almost gone! Thank goodness I live on a hill or all that water might be collecting in my basement. I wish I could take a picture to show you how my street has turned into a river. If it freezes overnight, we might be in trouble.
My brother emailed me that Winnipeg has been in a deep freeze since Sunday night - literally. He sent a video some kids made of themselves skating down Pembina Highway. Talk about making the best of the situation. This isn't the version my brother sent, I've chosen the one added to youtube later because the girl skating in the video also wrote and performed the music.Very cool song - reminds me a bit of the Be Good Tanyas.


No comments: