Friday, February 27, 2009

After the gym last Friday I dropped by Rogers and grabbed a movie to take over to Alyson's. I was planning to pick up Sex & the City for girls movie night but made an executive decision to change it when I saw Vicky Cristina Barcelona on the shelves. Timely, since the Oscars are in two days and Penelope Cruz is nominated for best supporting actress for her role in this flick. I got to hang out with Meredith and Hilary before bedtime. Carrie came over too - with a giant bag of ju jubes which we hid from the girls under a blanket. What?? We were thinking of the kids! Alyson told Meredith that it was time to go to bed so Mummy could have some time with her friends.
Mizz M.J. told Alyson that she didn't think she should have to go since we're her friends too. Pretty funny (and she kind of had a point)!
Anyway, the movie was really good and P.Cruz is amazing as the crazy ex-wife.

Saturday, I had to run some errands at Sherway, went to the gym and then pretended I was going to do housework by lying on the couch - you know, my usual Saturday.
Saturday night I met up with Eve over at Katy's. Omg, that poor girl. She blew out her knee playing soccer in their mixed league (she was in goal and some guy totally took her out). Rich saw her leg bend the wrong way and told her to stay down but of course she didn't. She tried to play out the rest of the game but realized something was really wrong because her leg felt "all rubbery". turns out she tore her MCL.
She spent a brief amount of time on crutches with a robocop leg brace but now she has a cane and soft splint. I took some photos which I will add later. It was so much fun even though we just sat in the kitchen eating snacks, drinking cranberry martinis and talking. And talking and talking. We haven't had any time together in ages and now that I think about it, the main reason has been because Katy is always busy with some team or other. She must be going mental having to sit on her butt all the time.
The next day I spent 2+ hours sweating vodka out of my system at the gym. Seriously, think Gavin on a spin bike.

No comments: