Friday, November 27, 2009

Ugh, I'm not cut out for this. The latest flirt is wearing me out. No, not like that. I mean, I'm not sure how I'm going to play this. I was supposed to go out with him tonight but came up with an excuse and went to practice instead. Really, I just need more data. The age difference is ridiculous - he's in his 30s - so I'm buying time so I can decide if it's worth pursuing (plus I need to tighten my abs, get into better shape). Who am I kidding ... it's worth pursuing... I just want to be in control of how it progresses and when it ends. Oh my god, how awful is that??

The guys that I've dated lately are my own age - and are easy at first; we have common points of reference, listen to the same music, we "get" each other. Unfortunately, they all have baggage in the shape of divorces and/or disappointment. I don't. I mean, I do but I think I'm past it. I definitely don't want to spend my evening out listening to someone who is bitter. If I wanted that, I'd go out with my married friends (no no, just kidding).

I guess that's the appeal of this one. Baggage? The most baggage Andrew has is a shaving kit. Or maybe just a toothbrush. Perfect. We're about even then. And did I mention his abs? I didn't? Probably for the best.

Okay, I'm going to go watch Alfie and do some situps. I've got a strategy to plan.


No comments: