Sunday, November 08, 2009


Wow. I am so together. Saturday I woke up on time, collected all my camera equipment and clothes for training, (I even remembered to pack Karen's souvenir from Amsterdam - an ashtray that says "Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go to Amsterdam" ) and went to the club. Time for fall training photos!
Beautiful day! Sunny and warm. Every fall we have one of these - that rare day that combines perfect weather with stunning fall leaves, while the water's still deep enough (barely) and the workout is long. The kids are too tired to pay attention to the camera so I get some good shots.
Karen L. is bringing some kids to the club on Saturdays so she ran to Starbucks to get coffee for us. One of the coaches said he heard a person was killed at Starbucks last night - nothing in google so can't confirm it. Don't know if there was anything in the paper. I pitch my miss. news into recycling almost as soon as I get it -there's about 3 pages of actual information, the rest is junk mail flyers.
Stayed out in the motorboat for an hour and then couldn't take it anymore - I wanted to get on the water!

The lake was PERFECT! So fun! I stayed out for an hour but had made the fundamental error of not eating breakfast before leaving the house. As much as I wanted to stay out and play in the waves, I bonked hard around 9 km. I even considered eating the grotty granola bar I keep in my dry bag on the deck but I came to my senses.

I went home for an hour to eat lunch and then headed back to the club to meet Chanda. We're starting winter training on Saturdays - paddle pool and weights.

Since it was such a beautiful day, one of the coaches had offered his outrigger for use but I forogt to call Chanda when I got off the water. Too bad. She hadn't brought warm clothes but, as it turns out, said she wouldn't have gone on the lake anyway. The waves and water temp. were a concern for her. Anyway, it was good to get in the p-pool and do a workout in front of the mirror.

Ian came in when we were about half an hour into it, he was setting up for Blake's program. It's awesome that he's running it because he kept the dbers out until we were completely done our workout. You never know with other coaches - groups often swarm into the pool talking, setting up seats, saying hello and asking you questions or whatever and your last 15-20 minutes are kind of shot.

We went up to the lounge to set up our circuit but when we went downstairs to get some equipment, Chrissy said they were missing some people and could use us to round out a group. Marisha was there and another woman I know so we did the circuit, finished early so went upstairs to do 8 minute abs.

No comments: