Friday, December 25, 2009

wow. Christmas day 2009. Already.

I'm having a great day! Ryan arrived around 9:00am and we opened our presents. He hit it out of the park again this year. He got me a brand new, updated book of Bruce Trail maps. I've had my current one for over 20 years and have given away or misplaced many of the pages. We plan to hike the whole thing next year.
He also got me a snowshoe backpack/carrycase - something I've really needed ever since I got my snowshoes. Also, a high end 'automatic' corkscrew. He doesn't know about my plan to quit drinking wine but that's okay, I'll still get lots of use out of it when friends drop by.
I made eggs benedict for breakfast, which has put us on the hunt for a superior hollandaise recipe. The recipe I have was less than impressive. Besides the obvious, one of the things I love about my son is that we can sit through a long breakfast without running out of things to talk about. And that he loads up the dishwasher while I write in my blog!

Now we're heading down to the Scotia Theatre cineplex to see this movie and then whatever else is on until 6pm. Then we'll head to my sister's for Christmas dinner.


I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

No comments: