Saturday, May 07, 2011

It's time. I'm ready to commit to training and racing again so, since the canoe club isn't an option, I've joined the local OC club. I went to my first practice with them on Saturday morning and it was great! Peter was coaching. It was supposed to be singles and doubles but they ended up having to go out in the sixes. Some people don't have boats because they're still in the repair shop (due to trailer flip on way to Florida) but others, for some reason, just didn't bother to bring their boats to practice. So weird.
Anyway, Pete, me and one other woman had our singles and then the rest formed 2 crews of 5. It's amazing what a difference having a coach makes. In a very short period of time, Pete pinpointed the problems in my stroke and it immediately felt much better. It was a beautiful, sunny day and we were out there for a couple of hours. I was so happy when I came off the water!
Del was there when we got back, dropping off someone's new pegasus. We chatted briefly and I offered him the spare ticket for TFC. Pete also invited us to go out with them after the game. His friend Kenneth, who works with greenpeace international is leaving for some operation. It's in a trench so they use those small, 4-person subs - Kenneth's a licensed pilot (driver? captain?).

No comments: