Monday, July 17, 2006

I went to Andrea's wedding on Friday afternoon. It was fantastic! Andrea's dad, former Maple Leaf Wilf Paiement, comes from a very large French-Canadian family (16 kids) and the outdoor wedding was like a Seurat painting. Trevor and Andrea were under a gazebo. There were a few chairs set up but everyone chose to settle themselves around the lawn, under trees and umbrellas, so although the temperature was almost 40 everyone was comfortable and happy.
Andrea looked beautiful with her hair piled up on her head. Her dress was strapless with blue and clear crystal beading around the waist. My camera was on it's way to Montreal with Eve and Chrissy so I don't have any photos. Andrea has promised to send some as soon as she's back from her honeymoon in Cuba. Trevor, as always, looked like an Abercrombie and Fitch ad.
I had a great time at the reception! Andrea put me at a table with Micky and Poopie (I finally found out his real name is David), Ange and her husband. I haven't seen any of them for years so we had lots of catching up to do. Actually I had seen Poopie at Uncle Lou's funeral but I wasn't completely sure it was him so we didn't talk. I have rarely been to a wedding where there is no gearing up period between the dinner portion and the dancing - this one went straight into high gear! There was an icebreaker game where Andrea's hockey playing brother had to put on a grass skirt and Carmen Miranda style headress and teach hula dancing to a bunch of the guests. I left around 10pm, just as family members busted out marachas and a conga line was forming. I am so glad I 'd stayed to go to the wedding!
I went home and packed so I could get up for my 7am flight to Montreal.
I'm picking up photos from the NTT #3 weekend this afternoon and will write about that when I post them.

My friends John and Lori are at the hospital right now waiting to see if their baby intends to be born at 34 weeks and 4lbs or would like to hang out getting room service for a little longer.

No comments: