Sunday, July 02, 2006

Long weekend letdown...
I originally had lots to do - Kris and Sue's stag on Saturday night and a couple of days visit with my long-time friend Karen at her new place in Haliburton(that's us at Cedarbrae Mall, August 2 `74). Unfortunately, my plans didn't quite pan out.

I helped Ryan and Courtney move into their new place in Richmond Hill after practice on Saturday. It's fantastic - two bedroom, beautiful wood floors and brand new fixtures. I'm very pleased for them. They're much closer to their friends, jobs and, coincidentally, the Dunlap Observatory. My dad took us there as kids and I thought it had been closed years ago due to light pollution. Apparently not. Considering that Ryan's an astronomy geek, it's a lucky convenience that he's so close to a really large telescope.

Anyway, the move took longer than expected. I went home and fell asleep for a few hours. Woke up all groggy and disoriented, crawled into bed and slept through until 9:30 am Sunday. I woke up with a sore throat and fever. The only time I felt this bad was in Thailand when I didn't bother taking my malaria pills and picked up some fever that knocked me out (delirious) for 3 days. Perfect.

Anyway, I felt better by the afternoon and went over to the Boulevard Club for some lounging and reading of trashy magazines. In the evening, the Dish, Laura and I went to a movie - The Devil Wore Prada - and dinner. The movie version presented a very watered-down Anna Wintour character compared to the book. Still not a bad movie though.

Monday was easy: practice-sleep-practice-eat-laundry-sleep

No comments: