Thursday, July 20, 2006

Yesterday afternoon was great! As mentioned a few posts ago - my friends, John and Lori are expecting a child who may or may not put in an early appearance. They're keeping Lori in the hospital to monitor the situation (and to keep her from going rock climbing and doing motocross races). Anyway, what does this mean to me? I get Lori's ticket to a matinee performance of SPAMALOT!

You don't even have to like Python to enjoy this show. If you have a sense of humour, you'll love it. It's pretty faithful to the original Holy Grail with frequent references to other classic Python bits - the fish-slap dance (I swear I didn't know), a round of "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" and of course Spam.

The only thing left out was the classic "Bridgekeeper" scene. Remember? "Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see."
Oh well, everything else was perfect! Afterwards, we played tourist and had a couple of drinks on the patio at the Hard Rock - very cool since it's been ages since J.P. and I could just hang out.

By the way, click here if you've been wondering about the Bridgekeepers unanswered questions all these years...

No comments: