Friday, February 16, 2007

A bunch of us had a weird, six degrees of separation moment last night. After my class, I met Marisha at Bar Wellington . I drive past this place on the corner of Wellington and Portland at least 3 times a week and wanted to check it out. We had been there for about 2 hours when Blake called. He was on his way home from Port Credit so took a detour to meet us. Anyway, we're sitting talking and Marisha says to Blake, "I ran into someone who knows you. Do you remember Jay Prentice?" Blake didn't get a chance to answer. There was a couple who had been sitting beside us for the entire 3 hours and at that point the guy says, "excuse me, I'm Jay Prentice's brother"...so weird! Former Rouge paddlers so everyone's talking at once - "You know Jenn Stanford?! She was your roommate??!! Jonathon Hollins?! Do you remember that girl Jodi??". This guy's poor date was just sort of sitting there, out of things. So the brother (Derek Prentice) asks Blake if he played hockey with Jay and Blake replied, "No but my buddy Greg Secko did". The girlfriend perks up from the end of the bar and says, "Hey, I went to Western with Greg Secko!" It was one of the craziest, small world moments I've ever witnessed. Maybe Bar Wellington is like some Twilight Zone-ish location where everyone who enters is connected in some way. Anyway, if you're in the area, it's worth dropping in.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

OMG..that is so crazy. I've known the Prentice boys for years. And as coincidence would have it, Jodi is coming out to visit next Thursday and one of the girls on our ski trip dated Derek briefly.