Thursday, September 25, 2008

Network outage this morning means we’re unable to do anything.

I was checking results of the marathon worlds yesterday and noticed their logo for the event is suspiciously similar to that of Canoe-Kayak Canada. Check it out. They barely changed it from the original.

Tamlyn came 9th in the women’s K1, Rory was 1st in masters womens B, and they paired up to come 9th in the women’s K2, Duke was 11th.

The waves this week have been great. After years of struggling for every micron of improvement in C1 because of balance issues, the quick gains I’m making in OC1 are gratifying. This week has given me the perfect opportunity to work on speed. The tendon injury in my right arm still nags though so even though I want to stay out longer, I’m coming in while it’s still bearable. I’d rather have a shorter paddle than have to miss a day or two altogether. However, I was out for two hours last night so it’s not like I’m missing out.
I was hoping to race in the fall event at Frenchman’s Bay but they scheduled it for the same weekend as thanksgiving. I’ll be in Muskoka. I’ll still paddle – I’m really looking forward to paddling in a new environment.

No comments: