Monday, September 08, 2008

What a great weekend!
All day Friday it was tough to be at work because it was so windy and obviously an amazing day to be out on the lake (obvious because people kept sending emails or posting Fb status to that effect.). Anyway, I had an appointment with Greg to look at my house plans. Wow, Greg REALLY knows what he's doing =- not that I'm surprised but he might actually be a little psychic since he suggested a couple of things I was afraid to because they sounded crazy even to me.
I finally got on the water around 6:30 but by then it was completely flat - no wind. I still put in a little time and then cleaned up to meet Laura and everyone at Snug for her going away party.
So fun - Jessie, Steph, Phil and Lauren were there. She's so tiny! (and I'm talking about Steph!!) Lauren is just a few weeks old so she's tiny too. I was reminded how much I miss seeing them all on a regular basis but so glad we're still able to get together every once in awhile. I'll have to get a photo from someone else because I forgot my camera that night. Also there were Laura's other friends from LPHS - Alana+Mark, Ashley+Ryan.
After dinner we headed to the Cue where we hooked up with Dustin+Kyle, Bliss+Jaime, Chris+Jessie, Johnny+Emily. (the + indicates boyfriend+girlfriend). We also saw a ton of other people who didn't know about Laura's going away - Karen+Mike Edwards, Orsh, Jayme Moorecroft and Dustin's mom and sister. Lots of fun and lots of catching up to do with everyone.
Besides the going away party, it was the Southside Shuffle in PC so there were great blues bands playing inside and outside of the Cue.
The plan all along was to end up at P.G. for a reprise of Laura's epic performance on amateur night. When everyone was gathering up their stuff, I decided to stay at the Cue and watch the band with one of the other guys. However, after another beer I had that rosy glow going and remembered that it might be a long time before I see them all again. I jumped in a cab and headed to PG. So this establishment is such a part of the mcc paddler culture that I don't think about it but everyone, from the cab driver to the doorman asked me if I was sure I wanted to go in. By the time I got there they were lining up the hooter shooters


I have a lot more to post, just no time to do it....I'll try to add more today

No comments: