Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bugger. I went out to buy a book this afternoon and ended up buying a dresser and bedside table at Interiors. Don't get me wrong, it's actually a good thing because two drawers in the antique dresser in my room broke a long time ago. I've been keeping my clothes...well, all over the place. So I really need a new dresser. I just didn't intend to spend more than $60 today. I like it though.

Oh, while I'm here, I want to address this whole Susan Boyle viral ...whatever it is. Doesn't anybody remember Paul Potts?? He was on this same show 2 years ago. It was exactly the same scenerio. So I'm just going to put it out there - this is their thing - they scour the country for a very talented, less-than-attractive performer, create the set-up, "sad-sack mobile phone salesman or 47 year-old, never-been-kissed--lives-with-cats" and it's a slam dunk. Free advertising. I guess what's really bothering me is that in all the high-profile interviews (Larry King, Oprah), they're all, "Ooooo phenomenon, what a surprise, who'd have thought?" and no one is saying, "Hey, this is just like 2007 when Paul Potts did exactly the same thing"! And not to take away from the person's talent but it just seems a little devious. Plus, there are a ton of highly-trained, talented people out there who never made it for one reason or another. Hey, they should have a program that filters throught the general population and then they could win a contract or.....
....oh...

Never mind.

No comments: