Saturday, April 25, 2009

ugh....
Today I found myself in one of those awkward situations... I was talking to someone and they said,"oh tomorrow I'm doing blah blah and then I have this with these people..." and I remembered that I was invited to this about 6 weeks ago and said, "Oh right, I forgot about this with them ..." and then let it trail off as realization sunk in that this person knew I'd been invited but there'd been no follow-up phone call or email - to me. I'd been dumped!
Stuck now, the other person said, "oh, do you want to come?" so I made up some reason for not being available. But then I thought maybe I was being over-sensitive. I mean, why invite me in the first place? So I said, "Maybe I can make it, what time?" But there was that weirdness again as they gave me the details. Now we were both really uncomfortable and I couldn't take it back and since I haven't been in this situation since high school, I didn't know how to smooth over the moment. Now it's just sort of out there and I feel like a big social duffus, with greasy hair and a skin condition.
erm...

No comments: