Monday, April 20, 2009

Gah...the wind is ridiculous! It was rainy, cold and windy all day. And of course it's the day I get two emails from the guys in C.R. telling me how great the waves are - head high - and asking if I miss the warm weather and the skinny men with big feet.
I do! I really do.
In the afternoon, there was a major accident that shut down the QEW westbound. I had a very brief window to go to the gym before heading downtown but traffic was crawling on the Lakeshore. I was talking to Pete and he wanted some computer help at the club so I ditched my plans for the gym and headed to MCC instead.
It was good to see more people back from school and Florida. I think everyone should be home within the next week or so.

So, I had been thinking about taking the subway downtown from Kipling, because the Spanish Centre is right at Yonge & Bloor but the weather changed my mind. The wind had to be over 70 km/hr a straight headwind as I drove east. The force was so strong, the wipers couldn't even clear the water. It was like having one of those indoor waterfalls on my windshield.
The Spanish Centre is a 3 storey building just east of Yonge, south of Bloor. The instructor for this beginner class, Carlos, has the most amazing, deep voice ever. I laughed because it's exactly like the guy in the video we watched the other night. Anyway, he's a Phd student at U of T, dynamic with great teaching skills. There are just 9 of us in the class which makes it easy to be speaking all the time. First class was easy, especially since Spanish is such a logical language - at least with the regular verbs. We'll see what happens next week when we start with irregular verbs.

Hey, Kris Sziraki and Sue Boruvka are doing the Spring Sprint 2009 in support of Canadians affected by a brain tumour. Please check out Team Szirak Attack - you can pledge something or join the team in London with your own pledges!

No comments: