Saturday, February 19, 2011

I didn't know what Ryan planned to do on his first day home. Actually, I didn't know his short or long term plans. He'd given up his apartment and job when he left for Australia. For the time being though, I figured I'd hang around the house until he woke up so I could find out more. i cleaned up a bit, went for a long walk through the marsh and Jack Darling, watched some tv....Ryan just kept sleeping. I was starting to think I should just make my own plan for the day when I heard him walking around upstairs. 12 hours - not so unusual for that kind of trip.

He was still pretty groggy but was trying to force a reset of his circadian rhythms. We had leftover thai food for brunch and then connected his camera to the tv for a slideshow of his thousands of photos. Actually, he discovered that he'd left the cable for his Sony camera at Gavin's so we put his card into my camera and then had to search around for the video cable for the Canon. It was so worth it! His photos are fantastic. I've only seen a handful that he uploaded to FB. And there's a clear evolution of his photography skills from the start of his trip to the end.

No comments: