Tuesday, February 01, 2011

I was watching the Daily Show the other night. I'm recording all the shows I miss because I go to bed so early. Anyway, there was a guy on who's writing (another) life and times of John F. Kennedy. They had a big build up to his interview "which is the most memorable inaugural speech?",  "The most moving?" and everyone answered, "JFK's 'Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country'". I agree with that. So this guy has a photocopy of a speech made by the principal of John Kennedy's prep school, the prestigious Choate, when John was there as a student. And guess what the hook in his speech was. Yup, "Ask not what your school can do for you but what you can do for your school". According to this guy, JFK totally plagerized one of the most memorable speeches in US history.
yeah, you should blush Jack/John, whatever your flipping name was.

No comments: