Sunday, February 06, 2011

My hair has been bugging me a lot lately, plus I'm not really creative with it - up-dos, messy buns etc. so Friday night, got it cut off. I've basically had my hair in a pony tail since last April and I need a change. Also, I've gained a lot of weight so a new hairstyle is one way to effect immediate change. Hopefully having to take more care of my hair will inspire me to pay more attention to other aspects of my life.

I'm still getting my hair done byVictor in Hazelton Lanes so I parked at Kipling and took the subway into the city. When I left work at 4pm, 680 was reporting the Gardiner was a parking lot so I am loving the subway system!

I love my visits with Victor and I love the new look.  I should have taken a picture of it when I got home but it was late and I was tired. After that, I didn't bother. It always takes a few days before I'm adept at styling it.
Saturday morning, I had breakfast at Helen's and then took a walk through Port Credit. I haven't been along main street for awhile and one of the guys at work told me about a new store for glasses. I found it and he was right, they have some great styles. I bought 3 pair.

I went home planning to hang some pictures, reclaim my house post-renovation, but damn, my new tv makes it difficult. It's so shiny and big, it calls to me even though it's turned off. And it's recorded all of my favourite shows....it's like Ryan Reynolds without his shirt on - impossible to ignore. So, I spent the rest of the afternoon lounging in front of the tv.

Alyson and I have been trying to get together but our plans fell through when Dray's sister Holly asked them to babysit. I was just trying to figure out what I should do for the evening when Alyson called back and invited me for dinner. I haven't seen those guys in ages - it was really nice to hang out with them and the girls. Meredith and Hilary are pretty amazing, they're so outgoing and fun. Meredith sang a song for me - she is a natural - confident, with a strong, melodic voice.

On Sunday afternoon, I met Chrissy & Jeff at the canoe club to go skating. Dray was riding the bike upstairs and stepped onto the balcony to wave. After not seeing him for months, suddenly 2 days in a row! Del also dropped by - he was coaching a crew for Jess who was at a course for the navy reserves. We had a brief catch-up before he had to go inside.

Around 6:00, I headed over to Secko's for the Superbowl. Blake and Sydney were there (Jackie wasn't feeling well so stayed home with Mason), along with Amy and her two boys and some neighbours of Tammy and Greg's with their 4 kids. The children stayed downstairs for most of the time - their house is amazing for these kinds of parties. The basement rec room is a kid playland and is far enough away that you don't hear noise unless it's the somebody's-hurt kind. Then the associated parent goes down and fixes it.
No one there was a hardcore football fan - except for Dylan - so although we watched the game, we weren't glued to the tv. We were so busy socializing, none of us even noticed that Xtina messed up the lyrics. The half-time show was terrible. BEP meets TRON (although Slash was ok) and Green Bay won.

No comments: