Wednesday, June 22, 2011

continuing...
My next checkpoint was in the York Region Forest. Even though I lived right beside it in Musselman's and then in Markham for a decade, I've never been in the there before. I had a great run - all trail with lots of loose sand, weedy parts, horses, stuff I've never encountered on a run before. There's a complex trail system in there so having to watch for trail markers is a new experience too. My run time wasn't stellar but it wasn't terrible either. In fact it was slightly faster than I predicted. I felt awesome when I finished and may have knocked whatever remained of that virus out of my lungs.


There were just 2 legs left, a bike and a run, which were covered by Larry and Lee, so all I had to do was get changed and head to the finish line at Seneca's King City campus. The hardcore teams were there to meet their final runners so I knew we must be top 10. When we heard what time Lee left the last checkpoint, and saw how hard he was going as he rounded the last corner, I was pretty sure we were top 5.

We didn't stay long after that. Lee invited everyone back to his place in Aurora for a swim but it was already 8pm and I still had some things to do around PC. Overall a fun, fun day!

Results have finally been posted and we were 5th - so awesome - now the guys are all hype to actually TRAIN for next year! I love it!


No comments: