Sunday, October 22, 2006

We had our awards banquet on Friday night. A lot of people were missing due to school commitments but it was still pretty packed. The highlight of the night for me was when Dave Paskar, Jeff Patterson, Steve Miller And Andrew Drake (absent) announced they had donated a new trophy - the "Uncle Lou Muto Spirit Award" (archives March 24, 2006). It was especially fitting that Dustin Shaw was the first recipient of this award. Nicely done, guys!
Saturday night was the 2nd annual Fall Classic Poker Tournament. There were approximately 30 players. We set up two tables and then the top 5 from each formed the championship table. My game has been non-existent the last few times we've played so I didn't have high expectations. However, I made it to the championship table and ended up 7th overall. A Russell was the big winner and I think Stringer and Duke were up there as well.
Carrie, Jackie and Dominique came by on their way out to dinner. I was supposed to join them but ended up doing well in a side game we had going. Conor and I were the final two and were still pushing chips back and forth at 3:30am. We decided to split the pot as it didn't look like anything decisive would happen too soon. It was a good time and I came out of the night with some cash in my pocket. Attila did an excellent job of organizing the event and I'm looking-forward to the Boxing Day extravaganza! photos to come.

No comments: