Saturday, January 06, 2007

I'm not sure what I've been doing but all the shoes I've worn this week are spread out along the front hall, lying on their sides with the soles facing the door. If I stand at the front door, the hall looks like an illustration for some crazy dance ...

Kaylynne is heading for Kenya in the morning. (I stole this pic from her Facebook album - sorry for cropping you out Geoff!) A bunch of us took her out to a restaurant in Streetsville last night - Honey's Beestro - where Marta's working as a server - best server EVER. They have good food by the way but mostly I was glad to see KP before she took off. It was also nice to see two former paddlers - Megan and Krista! Krista's heading to south-east asia with her boyfriend in a couple of weeks - landing in Bangkok and winging it from there until her b.f. starts his job teaching english in Beijing.
After I left the restaurant, I went to Attila's for poker and a puppy fix (Lola, not the boys although I guess it could be true for either case). I finally won a game in spite of my rookie moves and the guys' habit of folding anytime I bet first. At least I broke even for the night. They were watching Jackass Two when I got there. I wasn't planning on renting it but it was really funny. In fact we watched it again after Nacho Libre, Gumball Rally and something else. I got home really early in the morning and didn't make it to practice. When I woke up I called my good friend Susi who lives in Georgina. We have apparently reverted to being teenagers (aka second childhood) and totally pissed off her daughter, Sabrina, who wanted to use the phone. We talked for close to 3 hours. Couldn't tell you what about but we were laughing a lot - probably men.

Tonight I rented Little Miss Sunshine. Great comment on the beauty pageant circuit in the states but also on family dynamics especially in relation to road trips. Reminded me of all the car trips we made across Canada as kids.

No comments: