Wednesday, March 03, 2010

While writing a post about how great it is to be part of a country that comes of age during an Olympic celebration rather than wartime, I came across this video I've been searching for for years.

I originally saw Atomic Cafe around 1982 at the old Roxy Theatre.  I loved that place! It was at Greenwood-Danforth and everyone went there (or The New Yorker) to see the cult classics - 2001: A Space Odyssy, Reefer Madness, Rocky Horror, Pink Flamingos, The Song Remains the Same...
Maybe that's why my dream is to open a similar venue in the Port Credit Town Hall. If only I had unlimited cash. (Let's face it, if I had unlimited cash, I'd move somewhere tropical).

Anyway, if you have a chunk of time on your hands and are interested in seeing how much we evolved over the second half of the last century, watch this documentary. It has all kinds of cold war goodness.

No comments: