Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I had the best sleep last night so, when I woke up at 5:45am, I figured I might as well get up and go paddle. There was a full moon hanging low over Starbucks. It was still fairly dark so I put my boat on the ramp (absolute low tide at the moment) and I sipped my misto as the moon sunk behind the bayou. As soon as it was light enough, I pushed off.

More wind this morning - I'm good and sick of it but then I just have to think about the Pines and the screaming winds on the Indian-Banana waterways and I feel better. Last night was ridiculous though. 30km hour winds. I only did 8km in the afternoon. Such a tough paddle.

When Conor got home from the site, we went to the grocery store with our spaghetti dinner list. So nice to be having sit-down meals with the boys. Conor was reminding me of our trip to training camp (the Pines) in 2000. We were having a laugh about Matty-B and how their training group used to stuff him in a boat cover and zip it up for entertainment. Ah Matt! So fun.

Dinner was great and then we watched one of the Family Guy movies. Everyone crashed fairly early.

Right now I'm doing some laundry but pretty soon I'll head out for the afternoon. I did a 14km paddle this morning so this aft, I'll just paddle up to the beach and chill. I keep hoping that the wind will die down but I know the weathernetwork report has not varied one iota from the predicted 17km/hr winds today.

No comments: