Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Kolo Memorial Biathlon this am. The kids came down from their camp. 10am start - paddle then run. Keir won for men's kayak, chris for men's canoe, Courtney for women's kayak. I won for womens canoe. Haha no, just kidding. There were no women's canoers racing :(

after loading the boats, everyone went to Muzzies for the famous sandwiches. I got Attila & pete to order mine so i wouldn't have to wait once the mass of paddlers got there. (the staff at Muzzies didn't know what hit them when 20 kids showed
up at once!)

in the afternoon, jess and I paddled out to the beach for the afternoon. Lots of dolphin action. Also lots of boats coming into the Anclotte river when we were paddling back in. Like the 400 on a summer weekend!

Dinner was the second half of my Muzzies sandwich (impossible to finish a whole one at a single sitting). We rented Little Miss Sunshine and watched it at the house. I uploaded my photos from the day to Peter's laptop but the Internet was down all night so I couldn't put them up on fb.

I left the house around 11pm and asi rounded the curve on Centrewood, my lights caught two deer just standing on the sidewalk. They didn't seem spooked and I was tempted to stop & try to get a photo but decided they'd probably take off if thecar stopped. Plans to meet for breakfast at 10am tomorrow.

Watching snl.

No comments: