Thursday, March 25, 2010

I woke up at 6am but didn't get on the water until 8:30. Tide is coming in but there's a really stiff tailwind which creates great waves for riding.
Out...
Coming back in was a different story. Such a weird workout. It feels like I'm going faster on the way out with the waves and wind at my back but, coming back into the headwind is so tough but my speed goes up by about one or two km/hour because I'm with the tide.

There's this really big house - green and white - that takes up one of the curves on the river, just before Sunset Beach. I've noticed it since the first year we started coming here, partly because it's so well-kept (as in "wouldn't I love to liver there!) but also because there's usually a big tour-style bus parked beside it. I've often wondered if it's owned by a rock star. Today and dark navy helicopter flew in low over the river as I was paddling up, I thought it was just coming in for a look (lots of dolphins today) but it landed at the green house. It took off within a couple of minutes and flew over me, just yards above my head. A couple of middle-aged guys were fishing off the dock. Now I wonder if it's a politicians place.

No comments: