Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Another busy weekend which included our first db regatta of 2006 and a bbq for Sue & Kris.
The women's team went into the weekend with very few expectations and we came away with the trophy. Nice! Pickering also gave out patches instead of medals to commemorate their 10th anniversary - a nice change although it'll probably end up collecting dust on the shelf with my CCA snowballs (if I ever remember to take it out of my car, that is).
Anyway, it rained, no POURED, all day. The women's races were done by 12:30 and I was thankful to be able to head over to the K&K's house to shower and dry my clothes. I had to go meet the fam at Wongs for dinner but headed back later in the evening. As you can imagine, there was hardly anyone left at the course but, as proven in beer tents all over the world, the die-hards qualify as "the FUN people". We hung out there for awhile then mud-surfed over to Kevin and Karen's where the party continued. Stringer, Chrissy and I left around 1:30. Btw, if anyone needs a 'No Parking' sign, there's one in my garage complete with sandbag.

The next day was beautiful and sunny. I tried to sleep late but wasn't very successful. Dog-walking, coffee-drinking, errand-running - I did all the Sunday stuff, then headed over to Sarah's parents for Kris and Sue's wedding shower BBQ. Another great party with the emphasis on families... babies, puppies...it was so much fun! Enough reading, click here for my photos from the day (note: the photo of Drayton's watch was the first ever shot taken by Meredith. I just held the camera). Feel free to take a look at the other albums by backing out to My Photos.

No comments: