Thursday, August 14, 2008

Aw sick. This is not what the sky should look like at 8:00 pm in August. The white spots are raindrops and you can't tell but there was a crazy thunder storm rolling overhead when I took this pic. We've bascially been sitting under a thunderhead for the past 4 hours.
I went out on the water at 4:30 as usual but, even though it was sunny, there was something odd about the atmosphere. I went out about 3 km then decided to stick close to the harbour. I paddled parallel to the Ridgetown and had just decided that the sky was too weird for being on the lake when a huge flock of cormorants in the next bay suddenly took off. Just then a bolt of lightning hit somewhere in the vicinity of the park. Holy crap. I was still about 1500m from the harbour, 2km from the club...I counted seconds to the thunder and it was about 10. But just when I thought I had a margin to make a break for it, there was a huge flash and crack of thunder right overhead. I just laid out on the paddle. Once in the harbour I stuck to the wall but the storm became pretty active. I considered paddling into the yacht club but it really wasn't much closer so headed for the club dock. Of course, once I'd taken my boat out of the water and unrigged it, the thunder and lightning stopped (albeit briefly). It didn't matter, I wasn't about to head back out onto the lake.

Carrie and I decided to go shopping. Oh man, we are a bad combination! I bought a scarf in French Connection (not yet sure if I'll give it to a male friend or keep it for myself) and a long, silver jacket in Lululemon. Carrie was looking for a particular shade of Chanel nail polish for Dom's wedding at the end of the month so we dropped into Holt Renfrew. They had the "Blue Satin" colour she wanted and I found a fabulous gold from the same collection. I had a pedicure a couple of days ago and made a baaaad colour choice! Ugh, it looked so different in the bottle. Anyway, I decided to switch Coral-Hidioso for Gold Fiction in support of Team Canada. That's right. Nail polish is affecting the Olympic outcome. I said it.




Ummm oh. toes are weird.

No comments: