Saturday, August 02, 2008

Is anyone else affected by extreme weather? I used to get migraines from stormy days but it's been awhile. This past week, and especially today, we've had crazy, sudden thunder storms followed by bright sun and blue sky. I've been edgy and anxious for no real reason. I have a theory that it's because I'm not racing this year. I still train about the same number of hours but since my goals are...um... less focused, my workouts are less intense. And without the constant distractions (and physical fatigue) that I would normally have at this point of the season, I'm suddenly hypersensitive to the minutiae of my day to day.

Ugh. It's driving me crazy.

Anyway, Jeff posted the photos from the TFC Friendly against Argentina's Independiente a couple of weeks ago. Ryan had to work at the last minute so we had a little trouble finding someone to take his seat. In the end Jeff's buddy, Steve, picked it up.

Jeff brought his SLR camera in a backpack and had a couple large lenses in there. When they searched his bag at the gate, they only found one of the lenses (which he had to leave at guest services) so he had a telephoto on his camera for some great shots of the game. I should note here that you're only allowed lenses smaller than 72mm or something.

At one point he was standing down by the field taking shots when a security guard tapped him on the shoulder and said, "You know, with a lense like that I'm going to have to take you someplace". Jeff thought he was going to get turfed from the stadium but instead the guy showed him to an empty front row seat so he wasn't blocking anyone's view!




The game wasn't the best I've seen. The TFC presented a weakened line-up of reserves and Independiente were slightly less than friendly, what with their players faking injuries and then waving away Toronto players who reached down to help them up, kicking the ball away from TFC throw ins and free kicks and shooting into Toronto’s goal well after the whistle had blown for offside. I think we lost 2-0 but whatever. The games are still entertaining as hell!





We missed the Go train home (it pulled out of the station just as the game ended) so we took a walk around Liberty village. We ended up at a Loblaws Superstore where Chrissy and Jeff found a firetruck buggy. After a little fun (and a little embarrassment when the store manager came out and gave us crap) we decided to head back to the Go station.


No comments: