Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Michael Phelps is keeping me awake at night! (they need to come up with a better nickname for this guy.
Thorpedo? Money. But SOUP?? I know they're calling Phelps Sup for Superman but when it's spoken, it's just lunch.

When I arrived at the club this morning, there was a U-Haul truck taking up all the curb parking and this suspicious character was lurking around. Today is Tommy's moving day and he was just getting the last of his stuff from the club. Just like that, il est un Québécois.

For those who haven't heard, Tamas and Steph got engaged about a month ago. They'd already bought a house in Trois Riviere which they've renovated with the help of family and friends. Tommy will be working at the new Sports Complex there. He's been practicing his french but I expect that having to speak it day in and out will give it a huge boost!

Tamas getting engaged is contrary to what's going on with a lot of other people we know. There have been a lot of people becaming single this summer, breaking off engagements and relationships in wholesale fashion.

There's a huge downpour going on outside. I guess our late afternoon plans for tanning by the pool at the Boulevard club will have to be modified. That's okay. It's been awhile since Eve, Marisha, Karen L. and I have had a chance to get together - it'll be a good time no matter what.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

better for everyone involved under what circumstances??

Lynne said...

Personal observation only...but now I'm trying to figure out if I know anyone at William Mercer. Look, if I was the person left at home it would be agony knowing my boyfriend was at the biggest shitshow in the world, with the hottest, fittest, most confident (or notorious) people on the planet. e.g. the german kayaker featured in germany's pre-Olympic issue of Playboy.
It would be slightly (only slightly) easier to take if we weren't in an official relationship. I don't want to be watching the action and catch a glimpse of the bf getting up close and personal with some hottie.
On the flip side, if I was the person going, well... would I turn down an opportunity to get to know the hottest etc etc... people based on a prior attachment that may or may not be going anywhere? When i'm preparing to compete at the highest level, do I want to have to field emails or phone calls saying, "I saw you talking to some hot guy at the opening/closing ceremonies who was that? what's going on between you...
Anyway, like I said this is personal opinion only.