Thursday, August 21, 2008

So this is what happens if you don't stock groceries every week. You end up eating dinner at 9pm and have nothing but a jar of pickles and coconut shrimp hors d'ouevres with pina colada dipping sauce. I passed on the pickles but hit the shrimp. Ugh, it tasted good but I feel kind of gross.

Today has been long and interesting. Paddled with Pete and one his clients this morning and then went to work (so boring). Anyway, when I got to the club tonight the waves on the lake were awesome so I was pretty pumped to get out there. Just as I was getting my stuff out of the car, Dave Paskar walks up carrying a garbage can...a really grubby one...and says, "What should I do with this?" . I said, "What do you mean, put it by the door with the rest of them." Then he tilted it towards me so I could see inside and he said, "No, this...this baby raccoon." Aw, so cute. I guess it had gotten into the can somehow but then couldn't get out. Dustin saw us and came over to see what was so interesting in the garbage. He had a bottle of water so we poured some into the bottom of the barrel and he freaked out drinking it. Poor thing. Then, since we couldn't find any other food, we gave it some old dried up cake that had been sitting around the club for a week. He gobbled that up too.
Dave put a call into the animal control who said that there's a good chance the mother's still around and when they get separated from a cub they'll come back every couple of days to the spot they were separated. Dave took the garbage can over to the hill between us and the legion, tipped it over on it's side but the little guy just stayed inside eating his cake. Someone went by later and he was gone.
I'm going to bed and setting the alarm for 2:30am. Jess is coming to pick me up so we can go to Boston Pizza to watch the 1000m final with the rest of the paddlers. Sh0uld be fun!

No comments: