Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I'm at the Brevard Library so can't post any photos. Weather here has been amazing and I was able to pick up a great Mongoose BMX bike for $20. at the pawn shop! Of the original 21 gears, only 1 works but the brakes are good and the tires sound, better than any of the other bikes they had (and WAY better than the $800.00 I would have had to pay to rent a car for 10 days during Spring Break!). I just got off the water (motorboat). I went out with Tamas Sr. to take some shots of the C2s on the river. As usual, it was ridiculously windy but the B brothers looked strong, as did Andrew R. and Pike. It wasn't any better in the canal but the C1s were already done by the time we got in there. Tough workout too, very little rest.
Tamas showed me some shots from Yak 4 Stack. I missed it this year which sucks because Mark and Gab outdid themselves on the costumes. Last year they were giant bananas, this year, palm trees. They were severely challenged by the wind - some of the pics are pretty funny. I'll see if Tamas can forward me some once I'm home.
I'm heading to Shagg's beach now. Besides the beach aspect, they have a Starbucks. Always an attraction here in the Land sans Tim Horton's...

No comments: