Friday, May 21, 2010

It's been so long. How have you been? I guess I'm just having so much fun that I haven't had time to write.

On the long weekend, I had a packed agenda even though I should have been focusing on my home renovations. The preceding Tuesday I'd put a down payment on a new car and, in spite of the money-anxiety, was excited and hoping to get it in time for the long weekend. Didn't happen.

Friday night I had dinner with Andrea, Mckenna and Sydney. I had gotten Sydney a new dress and leggings for her first birthday. Andrea was all pumped about that because she loves leggings and Trevor had forbidden her from buying any more for the girls. He didn't understand her need to have a pair in every colour. She was feeling pretty smug that she'd scored some more, as though she had pulled a fast one on Trev. I also had a crayola gift for Mckenna - Tinkerbell 3D - so she and I sat colouring while Andrea gave Sydney her dinner. Then the rest of us had pizza and juice. Sydney speaks baby sign language - it's insane. The first time I saw Mckenna doing it I couldn't believe it. This little baby under a year old clearly communicating that her diaper needed to be changed or that she wanted more food. I can't help but think how much easier it would have been if Ryan had been able to communicate like that as a baby. Syd kept doing this motion that looked to me like jazz hands. Apparently it means bathtime. Andrea said splashing in the water is her favourite thing. Get that kid in a boat!

After we put the kids to bed, Andrea and I watched Sherlock Holmes but since we talked the whole time she's going to have to watch it again (I've already seen it).

Saturday morning I paddled and in the afternoon we hit the TFC game.

No comments: