Friday, May 21, 2010

Wow. I went out at lunch and the first thing I see is a guy on a motorcycle doing a wheelie for about 300m across Burnamthorpe rd. Standing up straight. In retrospect, he may have had wheelie bars - it was that solid the entire time. And when he was done, he just dropped the front wheel and headed down the 427 N ramp.
Yesterday I went to Queensway VW and took a test drive in the car I want. Now, whenever I'm in my pathfinder, I'm thinking "If only I had that car, I would be happy. I'd have a smile on my face driving to and from work. Being stuck in construction traffic (like I was last night) would be like a walk in the park". I've actually convinced myself that this is true.

On that topic...my favourite Brit, Russell Brand, is doing a documentary about the pursuit of happiness. And he's doing this, of all places, in Los Angeles. He hopes to raise debate about the scale of consumer culture while promoting the re-use of products in a surplus society. He's hosting an exchange shop at the Beverly Centre where, for one day money will have no currency. Not sure whether he chose L.A. because it's the centre of consumerism in North America or because that's where he's living with gf Katy Perry.
I've seen several of Russell's documentaries and he's quite brilliant so I look forward to this and also to the release of his latest film, Get Him to the Greek.

No comments: