Saturday, May 29, 2010

My birthday is tomorrow!! Fifty one and I honestly, finally, can't feel the number. I just....am.
I think it's a good thing - isn't this where we want to be? At a point where we don't judge ourselves based on new pains, latent memory recall, dental decay, bifocal specs? Oh my god, I just channelled Popey and I'm being smug about it.

OK so having said that, the day before my birthday started early in the Markham-Stouffville Diagnostic Imaging centre. You know how it is, you take whatever appointment is available and Satruday was it. I had to fast the night before so I could have an ultrasound first thing. I was the first patient of the day and whipped through it. I was home so much earlier than I thought and had time for a paddle before going to Victor's in the afternoon. Love Victor. He's gradually taking the red out of my hair.
In the evening, Chrissy had invited a bunch of us over for a penthouse-warming. As Chrissy tells the story, she and Jeff had been talking about getting a place and decided to walk over to that building that sits on the west side of Port Credit harbour. Just a preliminary look around. There just happened to be an apartment available. In an aside, Jeff told Chrissy it would only be acceptable if it was on the top floor, facing the lake but they might as well check it out while they're there - just to see. The manager pushed the PH button and they were shown exactly what he'd described. The rent was surprisingly reasonable so they took it!

Anyway, before going over to the PH, I ordered sushi for dinner. I was just going to pick it up when Carrie called to see if I wanted a ride. Do I?? Chrissy had texted earlier that she was practicing her mixology and planning a variety of daquiris. I offered to bring a bottle of Chambord to pump up the flavour so I was sure to end the night in an alcohol & sugar-spun haze. I'd ordered way too much food and Carrie hardly ate any so we packed the rest of the sushi for carry-out and took it with us to the new and fabulous penthouse.
The view is INSANE! Just lake, lake, trees and sky. And moon and sunrise... absolutely stunning!

No comments: